Lead-Free / RoHS 3 Compliant / REACH Compliant
Solder Tip Tinner / Cleaner (lead free).
How to use Chip Quik Tip Tinner / Cleaner:
1. Turn soldering iron on to normal working temperature, hot enough to melt SAC305 (Sn96.5/Ag3.0/Cu0.5) or Tin/Copper (Sn99.3/Cu0.7) solder. Usually a soldering iron tip temperature of 700-800 Fahrenheit (370-425 Celsius) is appropriate. Allow iron tip to reach full operating temperature.
2. Press iron tip into solid tip tinner/cleaner mixture.
3. Allow a few seconds for some of the solid tip tinner/cleaner mixture to melt. As it melts it will clean the iron tip and then coat it with a protective layer of lead free alloy.
4. Proceed to use your soldering iron as normal to solder joints.
5. Repeat cleaning/tinning as often as necessary to keep tip clean and shiny, and prolong tip life.